Tax Resources You Will Need For Tax Preparation
Get all the resources you need for your tax preparation, rely on the professionals at BZ Beez Tax & Insurance Services for all your tax preparation needs. Call us for a FREE consultation. We offer FREE insurance quotes and tax estimates.
IRS Tax Information
The experienced professionals at BZ BEEZ Tax & Insurance Services are your resource for the latest tax information. We stay on top of all tax issues and can answer your questions about the tax code and your specific tax situation.
- Dependents - Are you unsure about who can be claimed as a dependent on your taxes? A dependent must either be a “qualifying child” or “qualifying relative”, with different rules for each. Properly identifying your dependents can significantly impact your return
- Filing status - Determining which filing status applies to you can be confusing, especially when it comes to choosing the one that will least impact your taxes
- Individual retirement account - Retirement plans, such as an IRA, can complicate your taxes. Saving for your future is important but so is knowing how your taxes will be affected
- Life changes and your taxes - Did you get married this year or welcome a new addition to your family? During your lifetime, you could experience this and so much more – going to school, buying or selling a home, changing jobs, sending the kids to college. Some of these will lead to deductions or credits, while others are taxable themselves
- Rental income and expenses - Owning a rental property is often a good way to increase your net worth but it does have tax implications
- Taxable vs non-taxable income - Were you gifted money during the year, or did you win a prize from a contest?
- Earned income tax credit - The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) may be available to you if you made below a certain amount during the year
- Avoiding tax problems - Errors are quite common for Americans who prepare their taxes. With tax rules becoming more strict and IRS penalties on the rise
- Mileage deductions - Did you know that you could be eligible for a deduction if you use your vehicle for business purposes? Keeping accurate records, such as receipts and mileage will allow you to claim this deduction. See what other ways you can save on your return by viewing the IRS standard mileage rates
- Tax interview checklist - Our Tax Interview Checklist lists everything you need to accurately prepare your tax return
- Deductions and credits - There are several deductions and credits that you may be eligible to claim. Bring all important tax information about yourself and your family with you to your tax interview. That way, our knowledgeable tax preparers can find the best way to boost your refund or lower your tax liability. Be sure to bring any IRS correspondence or forms that you have received during the tax year
- Natural disasters - Have you been impacted by a natural disaster? See if you live in a disaster area and can claim casualty losses on your property by visiting the IRS website. Our Disaster Preparedness Handbook, found in the Resource Center on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, outlines steps to take before and after you’ve faced a natural disaster
- Military - Your taxes are the last thing you need to worry about while serving your country. Get the answers to all of your questions concerning your tax return in our Military Tax Guide
- Tax changes - There's nothing as certain as an ever-changing tax code. We keep you up-to-date on the latest tax rules and details of the newest tax information